1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup quick oats
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
orange juice (no/low pulp)
1. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, oats and spices.
2. In a separate bowl mix pumpkin, egg and oil.
3. Pour pumpkin mix into dry mix; add chocolate chips. Mix until just moistened.
4. Drop onto lightly sprayed cookie sheets, large spoonfuls. Slightly flatten with spoon (they don't really spread, more like puff up).
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
6. For frosting, mix with a mini rubber spatula sugar and orange juice until it gets to a frosting consistency. Make sure to use a tiny bit of orange juice at a time and add a little more as needed.
7. Spread over cooled cookies.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008